Treating asthma with Chiropractic care in Texas.
What the scientific studies reveal:
Asthma is now the second most common chronic disease of childhood, second only to tooth decay. According to America’s Center for Disease Control (CDC), asthma afflicts 4.8 million American children, with 60 dying each year from the disease. The symptoms can range from shortness of breath, chest tightness/pain, trouble sleeping due to shortness of breath, coughing, or wheezing, wheezing upon exhalation, and coughing or wheezing attacks that are worsened by a respiratory virus like a cold or the flu. No matter the prevalence or the symptoms of asthma, active chiropractic care can help. Here are what 2 studies concluded about chiropractic and asthma:
Eighty one children suffering from asthma underwent active chiropractic care. The results of the study were determined though a series of highly-detailed, self-reported impairment reports. Children were assessed before and after their two months of chiropractic care. Below are the results concluded from the study:
- 90.1% of the subjects studied reported significantly lowered impairment rating scores.
- 30.9% of the children were able to voluntarily decrease their dosage of medication by an average of 66.5%.
- A 44.9% decrease in asthma attacks was observed amongst the participants.
The principle objective of a second study was to determine if chiropractic care, in addition to medical management, resulted in clinically important changes in asthma-related outcomes in children. A total of 36 patients ranging from age 6-17 and suffering from mild to moderate persistent asthma were randomly assigned to receive either active chiropractic care or placebo chiropractic care (a simulated spinal adjustment) in addition to ongoing medical management. At the end of the 12 week intervention phase, results in the children receiving active chiropractic care included:
- A 20% reduction in bronchodilator usage by those in the active chiropractic care group.
- Quality of life improved (measured in activity level without symptoms or necessary treatment related to symptoms) 10-28% in those under active chiropractic care. General activity levels improved as well without the impending threat of asthma related symptoms such as wheezing or shortness of breath.
- Asthma severity ratings amongst those under active chiropractic care showed a reduction of 39%.
- Overall improvement ratings documented by the group under active chiropractic care was 50-75%.
If you are an asthma sufferer and ready for the relief you deserve, call Taylor Family Chiropractic at (214)387-7883! Dr. Taylor has great success with asthma cases and he would love help you or your family. Call today!!
1.) Barham-Floreani, J. (2009). How to Have Well Adjusted Babies. 2nd Edition. South Melbourne: Well Adjusted Pty Ltd. Page 488-489.
2.) Hori T. Katafuchi T. Take S. et al. The Autonomic Nervous System as a Communication Channel Between the Brain and the Immune System. Neuro-Immuno Modulation. 1995; 2:203.